On May 19th 2014, ACCELENCE held its 3rd Scientific and Industrial Committee at the Grand Hôtel – Bordeaux.
Hosted by Pr. Nicholas MOORE, Chairman of Accelence, greeted by Mr. Marc LAFOSSE, representing Mr. Alain JUPPE, Mayor of Bordeaux, and Mr. Alain ROUSSET, President of the Regional Council, 26 industry representatives (pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers of medical device, CROs), 33 opinion leaders in many therapeutic areas as well as many representatives of partner organizations (Ministry of Health, LEEM – the National Association of Pharmaceutical Companies, SNITEM – the National Association of Medical Technology Industry F-CRIN, Public General Hospitals, General Practitioners, The City of Bordeaux, the Regional Council of Aquitaine,…) did attend this event, which highlighted the first 3 years of operational activity.
The same day, Accelence and GLAXOSMITHKLINE have announced the signing of an alliance partnership. QUINTILES has reviewed the Bordeaux Prime-Site Partnership. The Ministry of Health has announced and commented a project of single contract for industry sponsored biomedical research within public hospitals. More globally, debates allowed the attendees to better understand the contribution of hospitals to French clinical research and the issues.
Download the 3rd Scientific and Industrial Committee presentations :
Plenary session :
Mr. James BROOK, Senior Director, WE sites Management, Integrated Site Services, QUINTILES : REVIEW OF THE ACCELENCE-QUINTILES PRIME SITE PARTNERSHIP
Dr. Anne CHAMBON and Dr. Charles LAURENT, Côte Basque General Hospital : THE ACCELENCE’S INPUT TO THE BORDEAUX REGION GENERAL PUBLIC HOSPITALS
Pr. Nicholas MOORE, Chairman of Accelence ; Mr. Joaquin MARTINEZ, Vice Chairman of Accelence, Head of the Clinical Research and Innovation at the Bordeaux University Hospital : ACCELENCE’S UPDATE, NEW PARTNERSHIP, PERSPECTIVES
Video on the contribution of hopitals to French clinical reasearch
- Mr. Jean DEBEAUPUIS, Head of the Care Provision Dept., Ministry of Health, represented by Mr. Olivier LOUVET, Head of the Clinical Research and Innovation Unit.
- Mr. Vincent DIEBOLT, F-CRIN Director
- Mrs. Cécile FOURET, Head of Clinical Affairs
- MEDTRONIC, Vice-President of SNITEM’s working group on clinical trials
- Mr. Jacques ROUX, Head of Clinical Research Operations GLAXOSMITHKLINE France, Member of the LEEM’s working group on the French clinical research attractiveness.
- Mr. Philippe VIGOUROUX, CEO of the Bordeaux University Hospital, VP research of the National Committee coordinating the Clinical Research
- Access the Scientific & Industrial Committee page
- Access the 2nd Scientific & Industrial Committee page
- Access the 1st Scientific & Industrial Committee page